Friends & Mountain Folk,
Saturday, September 17. Timberline Lodge Salmon River Canyon parking lot aka the Climber’s Lot. 9:00am.
Save the date and arrive on time because we’re kicking off the inaugural Salmon River Canyon Cleanup on Mt. Hood. Here are some things you should know and bring:
1. This will not be like a walk in the park or on the beach. The terrain is challenging and the distance covered roughly one mile.
2. Pack your own lunch and plenty of water.
3. Be prepared for iffy if not rotten weather though of course we’re hoping for glorious sunshine.
4. Bring your own leather gloves. Leather is key as it’s not easily pierced by sharp metal objects.
5. Wear sturdy footwear with boots being the best bet.
6. Recyclable garbage bags will be provided.
If you plan to attend please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the names and number of participants. Space this year is limited to 50 adults. The 1st annual Salmon River Canyon Cleanup is a partnership between The US Forest Service, Timberline Lodge, Next Adventure, Snowrider Project PDX and the AMR Reach & Treat Team. We hope to see you Saturday, September 17th at 9am!
Michael G. Halle | Snowrider Project PDX